Birdeo, a pioneering talent acquisition, and HR consulting firm specializing in sustainability roles, has released its annual compilation of the TOP 5 most sought-after jobs by French companies for 2024. This report is based on insights gathered from over 200 client companies. In the face of Climate Change and ecological crises, the imperative for sustainable business transformation has never been more pronounced, shaping the trajectory of careers across various sectors.
The major trends anticipated in the upcoming year include a surge in jobs related to sustainable finance, particularly in connection with the implementation of the CSRD (Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive), a substantial increase in the demand for data-related skills, and a growing need for expertise in life sciences.
In 2023, the top 5 jobs were « Circular Economy Managers, » « CSR Legal Experts, » « ESG Impact Measurement and Data Managers, » « Climate Change Adaptation Managers, » and « Chief Value Officers. »
1- CSRD GLOBAL PERFORMANCE PROJECT MANAGER
The primary responsibility of the CSRD Global Performance Project Manager is to collect and analyze companies’ environmental and social data for performance reporting. Additional tasks include contributing to the implementation of the company’s CSR strategy, regulatory monitoring, defining KPIs, assisting in the drafting of extra-financial performance declarations (DPEF and/or CSRD), and producing annual reports.
- Degree: Master’s degree, specializing in finance, sustainable finance, or Sustainable Development.
- Hard Skills: Solid financial and CSR acumen.
- Soft Skills: Excellent communication, analytics, and capacity to synthesise.
Salary: €35K to €55K per year on average, based on experience and location.
2- SUSTAINABLE TRANSFORMATION ADMINISTRATOR within the Board of Directors
The Sustainable Transformation Administrator is a genuine whistleblower, tasked with challenging members of the Board of Directors on the long-term viability of the company’s activities in light of the 9 planetary limits and existing and future regulations. The role also involves contributing to the acculturation of the Board of Directors and serving as a key relay for the CSR department.
- Degree: Administrator training.
- Hard Skills: Initial experience in CSR, a network of contacts in sustainability.
- Soft Skills: Influential leadership to promote the CSR strategy.
Salary: Dependent on the company’s directors’ remuneration.
3- HR CSR MANAGER
The HR CSR Manager supports change management and business transformation, focusing on areas related to skills and training within the company. Responsibilities include structuring internal employee mobility, building team awareness, integrating CSR into recruitment processes, and establishing new salary package structures including ESG/global performance criteria.
- Degree: Master’s degree, majoring in HR with CSR training or a strong interest in sustainability.
- Hard Skills: Knowledge of the company’s business functions and experience in human resources or a recruitment agency.
- Soft Skills: Influential leadership and good interpersonal communication skills.
Salary: €70K to €100K per year on average, depending on experience and company size.
4- BIODIVERSITY AND NATURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Biodiversity and Natural Resources Management Officers are responsible for preventing the loss of biodiversity and improving animal living conditions throughout the value chain. The role involves defining a biodiversity and regeneration strategy, managing sectoral initiatives, and contributing to the integration of biodiversity issues into the company’s product design and circular economy initiatives.
- Degree: Master’s degree in an engineering school with a major in environment and biodiversity.
- Hard Skills: Mastery of complex project management and impact measurement tools.
- Soft Skills: Excellent leadership, teaching, and initiative skills.
Salary: €50K to €65K per year on average, depending on experience and location.
5- SUSTAINABILITY DATA & IA ANALYST
The Sustainability Data & IA Analyst ensures that systems are configured to facilitate and ensure the reliability of ESG data. The aim is to support internal decision-making and ensure the transparency of results externally, covering all aspects of sustainability (GHG emissions, biodiversity impact, water, energy, transport, etc.).
- Degree: Master’s degree in an engineering school with training in data analysis.
- Hard Skills: Experience with artificial intelligence and a thorough understanding of CSR issues.
- Soft Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills, thoroughness, and curiosity.
Salary: €60K to €70K per year on average, depending on experience and location.
For further information on these jobs, please contact us.
To read this article in French, click here.