VP Governmental Affairs Western Europe
TOMRA is a worldwide leader in development and distribution of sensor-based solutions for optimal resource productivity, helping customers to increase their financial results and reduce their environmental impact. The company was founded in 1972 pioneering the design, manufacturing and sale of Reverse Vending Machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage containers. Today the TOMRA Group continues to innovate and provide cutting-edge sorting technology solutions for optimal resource productivity and is active in more than 80 markets worldwide with total revenues of approximately 930 million € in 2019. TOMRA has approximately 4,500+ employees and is publicly listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Définition de poste
Europe is the heart of the global Circular Economy movement. More and more European countries are considering the implementation of deposit systems for beverage packaging, deeper and more integrated sorting of municipal solid waste as well as setting up entirely new CE concepts. Due to the great potential in the region of France, Belgium and Luxembourg TOMRA is seeking a professional, reliable and passionate individual who is willing to join the company for the long-term commitment as:
VP Governmental Affairs Western Europe
You will have the important role of leading the market screening process, examining legal and political opportunities to implement deposit legislation and respective systems in France, as well as Belgium and Luxembourg. You will be directly responsible for operating at the political, societal, media and business level in the respective country. Thus, you initiate the process of market expansion by creating new business opportunities for TOMRA. Furthermore, work on sorting and recycling solutions belong to the portfolio of tasks regarding this position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of deposit return systems, how they function and how they are embedded in the wider picture of the Circular Economy and Extended Producer Responsibility on a global level.
- Assess and gain extensive understanding of the framework conditions (political, environmental, societal and legal) in the respective countries, following a set of given parameters;
- Position TOMRA as expert stakeholder towards government institutions on national and regional level;
- Work with different stakeholders such as politicians, business associations, non-governmental organizations, media and research companies on various different levels;
- Align stakeholders towards the aim of introducing modern deposit systems including RVM and bulk collection technology;
- Cooperate with TOMRA Southern & Western Europe as well as TOMRA´s current distributor in France;
- Handle the application of a pre-defined internal tollgate model to assess progress of ongoing projects;
- Fond of working in an international environment as the nature of this position involves being part of a global, dedicated team of experts and extensive business travel (under normal circumstances).
- At least five years of working experience in a similar position related to the political or business association environment in France;
- Solid network and extensive knowledge of the political, environmental, societal and legal framework conditions in France, preferably also in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- International background and cross-cultural understanding, which enables constructive working relationships with other European nations;
- A deep understanding of strategic processes;
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- French as native language with excellent communication and influencing skills;
- You have high integrity and in-depth knowledge of how to approach government institutions and stakeholder management in general;
- Diplomatic personality with strong soft skills and fighting spirit;
- Highly motivated and professional, as well as able to engage in a long-term commitment with TOMRA;
- Organized and able to work independently;
- Flexible and open to extensive travelling (under normal circumstances).
- Economic, legal, technical or political educational background, preferably Master Degree;
TOMRA's core values are RESPONSIBILITY, PASSION, and INNOVATION, which are viewed as one of the most critical aspects of our company culture, reflecting the expectations for how we conduct ourselves and approach our daily tasks.