Our client is a tomato, herb, and clam producer, processor and exporter with all production in Morocco. It is a family-owned company that has thirty years of experience producing in Morocco. The company employs over 7,000 people in Morocco, France, the UK and Russia. Group's operations are vertically integrated, from the plant nursery to packing to delivery at the customer's site. It is one of the world's leading fully integrated small-tomato producers.
The Group is committed to long-term sustainability of the group and its businesses. The Group aims to lead agri-business internationally in best practices as a socially and environmentally responsible company and continues to invest in its sustainability department, which works across all areas of the business.
Définition de poste
The Sustainability Director is responsible for defining and driving of the comprehensive sustainability strategy of the Group.
YOUR MAIN ROLE AND MISSIONS:
He manages, develops and oversees all projects related to environmental footprint management, sustainability reporting, and activities of the Group Association.
He works to integrate the strategy into core business, working across departments to achieve targets, finding advocates and holding the Group responsible publicly.
In doing so, he designs and implements social and environmental management projects, including waste and water management, expands Group’s presence in international conversations on sustainability in agribusiness, and supports certification on social and environmental standards.
He is also responsible for setting the annual budget and agenda for sustainability projects in line with the long-term strategy. This includes renewing the life-cycle assessment and monitoring and tracking progress with sustainability targets that are reported on in the annual sustainability report.
He also manages the Group Association, developing its annual program and overseeing budget development and management. This requires liaising with potential donors as well as working with contractors and local partners to design, implement, and manage community projects.
Conditions for success:
- He has considerable experience in managing sustainability programs internationally and in diverse countries as well as knowledge of sustainability and environmental issues in industry or agriculture.
- He is a self-starter that can manage a small team, and face clients as easily as he is on the ground working with employees and managers to integrate sustainability objectives into daily work.
- He is comfortable working in diverse groups with individuals from different cultures and backgrounds.
- He is a highly organized person with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of quality, ownership, flexibility for change and within budgets.
- He can balance a focus on near-term and long-term strategic projects to ensure that long-term goals for sustainability are met operationally.
- Master's in business, management, environmental studies or sustainability
- Minimum 8 years' project management experience, ideally managing sustainability or special projects in organizations that prioritize sustainability
- Experience in working directly with clients and other stakeholders from all hierarchies
- Research experience sufficient to manage and support writing on science-based sustainability targets
- Great people skills, experience in building consensus and working collaboratively across all functions, at all levels of the organization in a diverse and non-traditional workplace
- Flexibility, willingness to travel
- Ability to work independently with a large sense of ownership/responsibility to outcomes (and budgets)
- Experience writing and managing sustainability reports or other reporting
- Knowledge on the latest sustainability issues, with a focus on carbon footprint management preferable
- Fluent in French & English, Arabic a plus
3 GOOD REASONS TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION
- Be part of the move of an agrifood business towards sustainability
- Implement methodologies and tools troughout the company
- Live in the beautiful city of Agadir