Senior Managing Consultant
Notre clientSouth Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few.
If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Définition de poste
You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of proposals on corporate climate strategies, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting services and climate change mitigation solutions and for the implementation of projects, for which you will supervise project teams of varying sizes.
You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as the main point of contact for the client. In addition, you may lead the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise large/complex consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our international and French clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals with the Key Account Management team and regularly generate own leads, actively contributing to the business development activities of the company.
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in the development of proposals for the corporate sector on topic corporate climate strategies, greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting services and climate change mitigation solutions and implementation of advisory projects, as well as lead their technical review.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Lead and directly manage small teams of consultants in a multi-stakeholder and multi- geographies context.
- Lead the development of South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings.
- Topics of engagement may include: GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science Based Targets (SBTs), risk assessment and TCFD, materiality assessment, energy efficiency, Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), renewable energy strategy, etc.
- Prior experience in sustainability consulting
- Practical experience in sustainability strategy development; energy efficiency / GHG management; climate change scenario analysis
- Risk and opportunity assessment (for physical and transition risks and in line with TCFD)
Skills and abilities required:
- Demonstrable understanding of Carbon Accounting
- Proven project management skills, ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality proposals
- University degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines