Senior Group Carbon Officer
Notre clientOur strategic vision ‘Impact the Future’ outlines how Egis is putting its expertise and ingenuity at the service of local communities all around the world. As one of the world’s leading engineering and operating firms, we hold ourselves responsible for today’s biggest challenges; fighting climate change, preserving biodiversity, the digital transition and meeting the needs of growing populations.
We are implementing this ambition through our projects, by designing smart, green infrastructure, transport and buildings; creating a sustainable future for communities everywhere; supporting the transition towards a low carbon economy and contributing to the resilience of territories, especially to present and future climate change. This is reflected in the leading-edge eco-design expertise we offer across every engineering discipline, in every part of the world.
In terms of direct responsibility, in a context of fast growth and internationalization of the group, Egis has already committed to achieve Net Zero emissions by 2050. Egis intend to commit to SBTi and submit its emissions reduction targets during 2023.
Définition de poste
In a context of high growth and of a reinforced climate strategy for the group, there is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced individual to join our Corporate CSR team. The future Senior Group Carbon Officer, will support the implementation of Egis’ climate strategy, including, but not limited to:
- Group accounting of greenhouse gas emissions (scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions)
- Updating emissions reductions targets & obtaining SBTi validation of Egis’ net zero commitment.
- Implementing emissions reductions action plan
- Managing the reporting of climate performance in annual extra-financial reports
- Contributing to the development of projects’ avoided emissions assessment (Scope 3 & Scope 4)
- Contributing to the marketing of Egis’ solutions for a low carbon world
The successful candidate will work closely with the CSR team, under the direct responsibility of Egis Group Climate Director, to ensure the successful implementation of our climate action plan, but also to promote our solutions for a low carbon world to Egis’ international client base. The future Senior Group Carbon Officer will rely on a network of Climate correspondents in all Egis’ Business Lines and Regions; and will be in charge for coordinating this network
Responsabilities & accountabilities / Detailed tasks will include (but not limited to):
Group Carbon Footprint consolidation
- Participate and carry out Carbon Footprint consolidation: scoping, data collection and analysis
- Working with & coordination of Business Lines & Regional “Climate Managers” to consolidate Egis carbon footprint, including with upcoming major acquisition
- Periodic reporting on Egis CO2 emissions
- Contribute to the annual extra-financial report and other extra-financial reporting process (Banks, Shareholder, etc.)
- Ensure strategic intelligence on best practices and trends on greenhouse gas emissions accounting
Road Map to Net Zero
- Update of existing Road Map to Net Zero 2050, in an enlarged perimeter with upcoming major acquisition
- In charge of obtaining SBTi validation for the updated Road map to Net zero (in 2025 at the latest)
Climate action plan
- Update existing Climate Action plan in coordination with Business Lines’ & Regional “Climate Managers” to ensure that CO2 emissions reduction target will be met
- Lead and engage the network of “Climate Coordinators” in Business Lines and Regions for a successful implementation of climate action plan
- Contribute to the reporting about Climate Action plan & Road map to Net Zero 2050
Scope 3 & Scope 4 Assessment
- Provide methodological support to the network of “Climate Managers” to consolidate or develop appropriate methods to estimate the CO2 emissions induced by the projects (Scope 3 or Scope 4, depending on the related activity)
- Provide methodological support to the network of “Climate Managers” to consolidate or develop appropriate methods to estimate avoided emissions through the projects (Scope 4)
- Contribute to the development (Scoping) of IT Tools to support implementation of avoided emissions measurement in every project of the group
- Contribute to the consolidation of Egis’ contribution to Net Zero through projects’ related avoided emissions (Scope 4)
Develop Egis’ solutions for a low-carbon World
- Work with the network of “Climate managers” to develop marketing materials of “Egis’ solutions for a low-carbon World“
- Contribute in major tenders of the Group to highlight our solutions for a low carbon world
- Work with the sales networks to promote “Egis’ solutions for a low-carbon World“
- Master’s degree in environmental management, environmental science, environmental engineering, climate finance, sustainable development studies or other similar qualifications.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar position in similar industry or in consultancy
- Demonstrated ability to implement GhG accounting & climate action plan
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of climate change, GhG accounting and reporting principles, mechanisms, methodologies and schemes (e.g. GHG Protocol, SBTi, etc.)
- Good experience of implementing carbon footprints of projects
- Good awareness / appreciation of climate legislation would be appreciated
- Fluent in English
- Experience of data manipulation and visualisation tools in addition to Excel would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage/deliver multiple projects/tasks in parallel with different requirements and timelines
- Good written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in marketing will a plus
Characteristics and soft skills
- Good communication skills
- Bright and with clear passion to be in this field.
- Adaptable, committed team player.
- Well organized.
- Confident and reliable when working independently.
- Approachable, responsive, and curious
- Proactive, self-motivated and generally enthusiastic.