Senior Agroecologist & Program Coordinator
ONG, Association & Organisation internationale
Ready to make a change for the livelihoods of smallholder farmers while preserving natural resources?
Livelihoods Venture manages 3 impact funds that have in common to support rural communities in reconciling a sustainable use of natural resources and a tangible improvement of their livelihoods, in the long run.
Définition de poste
We are looking for a Senior Agroecologist & Program Coordinator
You are passionate about ecology, social justice and innovative solutions that contribute to a better world.
You will co-design and implement transformational agroecology projects in Africa, Asia and LATAM, to generate impact at scale.
This opportunity is for an experienced hands-on agricultural project development professional who will actively help us drive change towards regenerative agriculture with our private and civil society partners, the missions are :
- Lead co-design and implementation of agroecology projects adapted to the local context, including in tropical agriculture, in Africa, Asia, LATAM, for the benefit of smallholder farmers
- Consolidate and upgrade the Company’s agronomic skills, from a hands-on as well as a scientific angle
- Actively contribute to the rural development and transition to agricultural activities that combine social and environmental change.
- Bring expertise on hands-on agroecology practices (soil health, soil fertility, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry…) to our colleagues and partners and help adapt these to the local context of the projects
- Understand and manage points of view and jargons from different actors (business, technical, academic, investors, public., etc..) to propose intelligent, practical action plans that create an alignment of all stakeholders
- Crack technical, technological, organizational issues with a good dose of out-of-the-box thinking, inspired by a good knowledge and understanding of real cases of transformative projects
- Improve the impact of each project, bringing in science, new perspectives, ideas or emerging technology
- Scout for new project opportunities, in line with Livelihoods values and be able to deliver real, measurable transformation in the agricultural or natural landscapes that poor communities rely upon for their livelihoods
- Coordinate project participants and activities in the long run, by being part of project governance, anticipating opportunities and risks, monitoring and achieving results over the whole project lifetime
Work experience :
- 10 to 15 years proven track-record of relevant experience in propagating agroecology in developing economies, close to smallholder farmers, rural communities, demonstrating tangible achievements
- Having worked in a variety of climatic and cultural contexts is a serious plus.
Skills and Abilities required
- Be able to adapt to changing situations and have an updated plan A, B and C to deliver objectives
- Hands-on experience on agricultural farming and agroecology
- Use your experience in the field to implement projects at scale while adapting to their local context
- Know your stakeholders, speak their languages, listen to their points of view and understand their agendas
- Keep a curious eye on innovation, new plans, new opinions in a fast-growing market.
- Intercultural skills: being able to understand and adapt local to different cultures among your colleagues and with project partners (international)
- English spoken and written with ease, as working language
- Functional oral French or strong drive to learn it is a plus
- Know how to make a point in a few words, adapt to your public, be able to facilitate informed decision-making
- Multi-tasker : prioritize, deal with pressure, keep track of the progress of several tasks simultaneously and be ready to rearrange priorities in response to new information
Graduated in agronomy or have the equivalent hands-on field experience
3 GOOD REASONS TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION :
- International projects
- Direct impact on small farmers
- Growing fund
Location can be flexible for an outstanding candidate willing to work on-line daily with the Livelihoods team and network and go frequently to Paris.
The job also requires frequent travel for field visits and interaction with Livelihoods and partners' teams.
Salary and benefits commensurate with the position and candidate experience.
Livelihoods values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.