Responsible Sourcing & Human Rights Manager
Within Danone's Cycles and Procurement Sustainability team, you report to the Head of Responsible Sourcing and Human Rights.
The RESPECT program is Danone Responsible Sourcing and Human rights due diligence program dedicated to assessing Danone's Tier 1 suppliers against the company's Sustainability Principles. There are three Regional RESPECT Managers respectively based in Asia, EU and Latam.As a member of the RESPECT global team, you contribute to define the company vision, commitments, operational framework, and tools for responsible sourcing at Tier 1 suppliers.
In your geographical scope you manage the RESPECT program for Direct (raw materials and packaging) and Indirect (services) categories and implement dedicated Human Rights diligence on priority suppliers, in collaboration with Procurement teams, Quality and Legal.
Together with your RESPECT peers you ensure Danone's compliance with the French Vigilance law and aim at impacting its value chain according to Danone's commitment to operate in an efficient, responsible and inclusive manner.
Définition de poste
Join Danone as Responsible Sourcing & Human Rights Manager for EU/Africa/CIS ‘RESPECT Manager EU/Africa/CIS’
For the global company scope you are responsible for:
- Contributing to RESPECT program design and continuous improvement:
- Define global commitments and objectives to improve Tier 1 supplier sustainability
- Define operational framework and tools for assessment (priorities, supplier segmentation) and remediation
In your geographical scope, you are responsible for:
- Implementing RESPECT program:
- Perform risk mapping, data analysis and trend monitoring to inform strategy
- Design Audit program in collaboration with local Procurement, based on global guidelines
- Manage Audit program:
- Ensure Audit plan completion
- Facilitate remediation and supplier improvement through buyer and supplier capability building
- Manage dedicated outsourced resource and coordinate with local audit firms
- Ensure performance monitoring and reporting
- Engaging and training Buyers and program Champions, and developing supplier’s engagement
- Managing dedicated Human Rights diligence in collaboration with Procurement teams.
Education and work experience
- Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience in sustainability
- Expertise in supplier sustainability management, factory social responsibility (labor rights and health & safety assessment), supplier transformation: sustainability management systems and remediation plans
- The followings would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of Responsible Sourcing platforms & audit methodologies (Sedex, Ecovadis, SMETA,etc.)
- Sourcing experience
- A past experience working closely with IT systems and processes (e.g. SAP)
Skills and abilities required
- Ability to train, engage, inspire
- Strong autonomy
- Strong personal drive and interest towards sustainability topics
- A « can do » attitude and willingness to go to the extra mile when required
- Data analytics skills
- Fluent and professional in English, Russian language would be a plus
This Corporate position is based in Paris with regular travel in your scope and occasional travel to Amsterdam (up to 25%).
3 GOOD REASONS TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION
- A sustainability position at Corporate level with a local grounding allowing you to work with multiple internal central and local teams
- The opportunity to drive improvement in a program which is key to the company values, with a high level of internal and external exposure
- A variety of activities including project design, project management, expertise development as well as stakeholder's engagement and relationship facilitation