Regenerative Agriculture / Agroforestry Manager
Europe OR Asia
Notre clientSucres et Denrées (SUCDEN) is an independent soft commodities trader, based in Paris. Over the last few years, SUCDEN has grown its presence in the cocoa market and is now one of the world’s largest cocoa traders. SUCDEN also operates a fully owned subsidiary in New York, General Cocoa.
Définition de poste
Sucden Coffee is looking for an expert to professionalize its Asian program on regenerative
agriculture and agroforestry.
Duties and Responsibilities
PROGRAM LEVEL: STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT; CAPACITY AND PARTNERSHIP BUILDING
- Co-Lead the development of an integrated framework and implementation strategy for a regene rative agriculture program in coffee based on latest research and requirements of clients and partners
- Support organizational learning concerning general concepts in regenerative agriculture by developing guidelines, manuals and presentations adapted to different audiences within Sucden Coffee
- Develop and execute a technical training module on regenerative agriculture for key field staff in origins
- Build strategic partnership(s) with relevant research institutions and universities
PROJECT LEVEL: ENSURING RELEVANCE AND IMPACT, PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
- Conduct regular field visits and lead community consultations and focus group discussions with local farming communities to build a better understanding of local context and their evolving needs
- Coordinate the work with local research institutions and consultants to conduct in-depth studies on diversification and adoption of regenerative agriculture / agroforestry practices
- Review our current agricultural projects and streamline their strategy, KPIs, monitoring and reporting under the new framework
- Support our project teams by regularly reviewing project activities and deliverables and assist them in refining our methodologies and to ground our strategy in technical excellence and research
- Control quality of project implementation and keep record of lessons learnt
- Support our project teams with identification and the conceptual design of projects in anticipation of feasibility studies
- Provide technical inputs to the proposal and ensure alignment with the overall program strategy (KPIs and targets)
- Master’s degree relating to agricultural science, agroforestry, environmental science and/or biology
- Min. 10 years hands-on work experience in the field of tropical agriculture and agroforestry; experience working with smallholder farmers is a must.
- Proven experience in program management, demonstrating an ability to multi-task and manage tasks professionally, efficiently and with a positive attitude.
- Have great people skills (able to work with an international team and clients)
- Travel to project locations minimum 50% of time
- Professional fluency in English. Vietnamese is a strong advantage.