Notre clientSouth Pole, recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Social Enterprise, has been at the forefront of decarbonization since 2006. With its global Climate Solutions platform, South Pole develops and implements comprehensive strategies that turn climate action into long-term business opportunities for companies, governments, and organizations around the world.
South Pole is also a leading project developer, and has provided nearly 1,000 projects in over 50 countries with climate finance to reduce over a gigaton of CO2 emissions, and to provide social benefits to less privileged communities who are particularly vulnerable to climate change. Our regional teams work hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, South Pole has a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions.
If you are a smart, ambitious, and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you !
Définition de poste
The goal of the Principal Consultant is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to international clients on sustainability topics.
You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of proposals, as well as for the implementation of projects, for which you will supervise various project teams.
You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as the main point of contact for the client.
You will also leverage your vast technical expertise to drive business development activities and generate new leads. In addition, you will contribute to the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead the planning, management and execution of consulting mandates to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation
- As a senior expert, provide supervision, guidance on and technical leadership in international consulting mandates and proposals, as well as lead their technical review
- Develop new consulting business opportunities and collaborate closely with the Key Account Management team
- Interact and build relationships with our local and international clients, and contribute to the winning and timely delivery of consulting mandates
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
- Lead the development of South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offering
- Lead and directly manage small teams of consultants
- Participate in business strategy and leadership-relevant internal discussions to position our consulting activities within South Pole's overall business and offering
- Excellent technical project supervision skills and ability to guide project teams
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills, including ability to lead contract negotiations
- Industry-relevant connections, with a wide network of potential clients, collaborators or other relevant stakeholders
- Diligent, reliable and proactive
- Fully comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Outstanding oral and written skills in French and English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with specific communication experience to senior decision makers (such as C-Suite) and across a range of stakeholders.
3 GOOD REASONS TO APPLY
- Join an equal Opportunity Employer
- Working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues
- Evolve in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation
- Localisation : Europe