Monitoring & Evaluation – ESG Lead Officer
Notre clientLivelihoods Venture manages two types of impact funds (carbon & sustainable sourcing) that have in common to support rural communities in reconciling a sustainable use of natural resources and a tangible improvement of their livelihoods, in the long run. With each project, connected to tens of thousands of people over up to 20 years and implemented by outstanding, local organizations in the field. We have been designing and implementing carbon and sustainable sourcing projects in developed and developing economies, leveraging public finance to enhance sustainable coalitions between corporates, brands, local suppliers, and NGOs. Our Funds are developing to generate more impact on people’s livelihoods, soil, water & carbon.
Définition de poste
Livelihoods is looking for its future M&E and ESG Lead Officer, a new position within the company.
Fully integrated into the operational teams and reporting directly to the company’s COO, the M&E and ESG Lead Officer will work with internal (Fund leaders, Project Managers…) and external (investors, implementing partners (NGOs), consultants…) stakeholders in this assignment. From day one she/he will embark on the journey towards streamlining relevant internal practices and processes, deploying tools and be critical in their socialization and implementation. Project Managers will be her/his natural daily partners to make sure all projects are adequately covered, as well as the Head of Climate Impact, covering all carbon-related matters.
We are looking for a passionate and result-driven professional with a strong technical background as well as a first-hand field experience in the M&E suite, including managing the Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) space:
- In the first weeks / months, complete an inventory of the company’s current M&E-suite practices across projects/funds and identify the “lowest hanging fruits” towards improvement for a quick & quality implementation.
- In the meantime, with the support of Senior colleagues and Project Managers, coordinate the work of external consultants on: strategy and policy definitions, procedure / best practices / guideline definition, support in the choice of relevant smart tools (including IT tools) having in mind cost-efficiency and applicability on the ground.
- Streamline operational (input-output), impact (outcome-impact), ESG and learning needs into a consistent set of practices and tools at the service of projects, local implementers and the populations they serve.
- Support and engage colleagues, as well as project implementers, on the adoption of best practices and procedures from the onset of the project design, providing constructive challenges on the learning questions of hypothesis behind a project design.
- With the support of the team, ensure at every step of the process that the solutions promoted serve project management and quality, and are endorsed by Project Managers and project implementers.
- Ensure that the systems are in place not just to retrieve data, but also to ensure their accuracy and fairness.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and relevant scientific / managerial / IT tools to leverage them in improving projects’ design, implementation, and impact measurement at farm, community or landscape level.
10+ years of proven track-record in designing and implementing M&E+ systems and having them applied in the field of rural communities
Field experience in Nature-Based-Solutions / sustainable supply-chain solutions or similar projects in developing economies, close to smallholder farmers, rural communities, demonstrating tangible achievements over years
English spoken and written with ease, as the working language
- Intercultural skills
Based in Paris or within 2-3 hours train distance
The company offers the option to work from home for up to 60%
Extensive travel around the globe (circa 15%).