Managing Consultant Sustainable Finance
Notre clientSouth Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, they strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. Their climate solutions inspire and enable their customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Since 2020, they have set up teams in Paris and formed a regional organization dedicated to customers in France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, following the merger with the Belgian climate advisory firm CO2logic.
Their Climate Strategies Consultancy team partners with corporate leaders in sustainability. Wherever their clients are on their climate journey, they provide them with unique and unparalleled technical expertise. Their success relies on deep knowledge, trust, and accountability - they inspire climate action every step of the way!
Définition de poste
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Manage and supervise medium to large-size consulting mandates in the financial sector throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure
- Oversee a team of consultants on their mandates and their professional development within the organization
- Topics of engagement may include GHG accounting (carbon footprints) and disclosure (CDP), climate change mitigation, Science-Based Targets (SBTs), ESG assessments, climate risks and opportunities identification and related financial impacts assessment (TCFD), etc.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality deliverables
- Interact and build relationships with their regional clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in developing proposals for the corporate sector for your practice and lead their technical review
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole
- Design proposals with the Key Account Management team, actively contributing to the business development activities of the company
- Identify hiring opportunities to grow our team in France
- University degree: Business Engineering, Economics, Environmental Sciences or other sustainability-related disciplines
- Relevant work experience (minimum of 5 years) in sustainability consulting of financial institutions or a related field, including GHG accounting in line with best-practice methodologies; target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP); ESG practices
- Excellent oral and written skills in French and English
- Good understanding of environmental sustainability challenges
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and ability to coordinate project teams
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables)
- Good stakeholder and client management skills
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work
- Work alongside a passionate team of colleagues
- Evolve in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation
- flexible remote work policy