Managing Consultant – Agricultural Value Chain
Notre clientSouth Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive climate solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate and the developing communities. Our climate solutions inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Since 2020, we have set up teams in Paris and formed a regional organisation dedicated to customers in France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, following merger with the Belgian climate advisory firm CO2logic.
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer; we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job; we offer you a career.
Définition de poste
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Manage and supervise large/complex consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality deliverables.
- Interact and build relationships with our regional clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals with the Key Account Management team, actively contributing to the business development activities of the company
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in developing proposals for the corporate sector on agricultural supply chains and lead their technical review.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Directly manage a small team of 2-3 consultants in a multi-stakeholder context
- Topics of engagement may include sustainability and corporate supply chain risks, focusing on climate, water, and forests in agricultural supply chains
- University degree, ideally at a master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field like Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Agronomy, or related disciplines.
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 5 years) in sustainability consulting or related fields, focusing on climate, water and forests in agricultural supply chains.
- Relevant knowledge of environmental sustainability challenges, especially with integrating sustainability in supply chains and agriculture.
- Excellent project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder context.
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Excellent stakeholder and client management practices
- Industry-relevant connections with a network of potential clients, collaborators, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrable good business sense to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive environment
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French
- Good working knowledge of all MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Google Suite applications.
- Monitoring and quantification of environmental impacts along the supply chain on climate, water, and forests -with agricultural supply chains
- Sustainable procurement, change management and sustainability
- Engaged personally or professionally in action against climate change
- Diligent, reliable, proactive, and self-sufficient but collaborative approach to work.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced prioritisation and time management skills
- Join an equal Opportunity Employer
- Working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues
- Evolve in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation
- Localisation : Based in Paris