Head of Programme – Sustainable Retail Investing
Our client is an international, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. It has been developing tools for the financial sector to better understand the impacts of climate change on the financial sector.
The transition to a low carbon economy requires providers of capital to steer investment decisions in a direction compatible with the Paris Agreement and Sustainable Development Goals. As the ultimate owners and beneficiaries, retail clients play an important role in this evolution towards a more sustainable financial system.
A large majority of retail clients expect their savings to contribute to social and environmental objectives. But currently the integration of these objectives in investment strategies by financial intermediaries is both marginal and superficial. The European Commission is currently introducing a series of reforms to address this problem, including an obligation for financial advisors to ask about and take into account social and environmental objectives, and an obligation for product manufacturers with social and environmental features to disclose relevant information. It is expected that these reforms lead to a major transformation of the retail market and inspire similar reforms in other jurisdictions.
Our client has hence decided to reshape and reinforce its retail programme. The retail programme uses a multi-disciplinary approach to support and accelerate this transformation in the EU and beyond, as well as increase the understanding of the impact of financial products in the real economy and consumer expectations in this regard.
Définition de poste
Our client is looking for a senior manager to lead its growing retail programme team working on supporting the transformation of the regulatory framework in the EU and beyond as it applies to retail investment
As the head of retail programme, you will be leading a diverse range of work including consumer research, behavioural finance, legal and regulatory analysis, policy work, methodological and data work, and software development.
Your main responsibilities will be in relation to shaping the retail programme and project management of the various grants falling under the retail programme including:
- Identifying new funding opportunities and drafting proposals and pitches.
- Ensuring adequate planning and resourcing for each project and coordinating work activities across projects.
- Scoping, monitoring and reporting for work packages and ensuring timely deliverables of good quality.
- Budget monitoring, financial reporting and other administrative tasks relating to partners and funders.
- Managing relations with external stakeholders (academic institutions, supervisory authorities, policy makers and standard setters, financial institutions, multi stakeholder working groups etc).
- Raising the profile of our work through attending and speaking at industry conferences etc.
Our multidisciplinary approach means that you will be managing delivery of the following work activities:
- Consumer research on retail clients’ expectations and behaviour
- Investment techniques and suitable products
- Responsible marketing and distribution
- Regulatory and policy work
- Online tools
- Masters Degree in Economics/Econometrics/Finance/Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in working in the financial sector (climate or mainstream) or regulatory and policy sector
- Vision and knowledge of retail investment market
- Knowledge of impact investing concepts
- Knowledge of key climate / energy related concepts (e.g. energy systems, electricity markets, GHG emissions accounting, etc.) is beneficial
- Programme/project management and stakeholder management skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to sets of diverse stakeholders
- French working level (beneficial)
3 GOOD REASONS TO APPLY
- A mission that brings together technology and real-world impact
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate transition
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment