Head of Environment & Decarbonisation
Mobilité Transport Logistique
Notre clientVossloh, an international railway technology company operating in over 20 countries, specializes in track infrastructure solutions. We are currently seeking a Sustainability, Legal, and Compliance Manager with a focus on Environment and Decarbonization. Vossloh provides integrated solutions to customers worldwide, playing a crucial role in safe, sustainable, and eco-friendly mobility for both people and goods. Our commitment to green mobility is ingrained in our DNA, and we have set the goal of achieving carbon neutrality in our operations by 2030 for emission scopes 1 and 2.
Définition de poste
Vossloh Cogifer, an industrial subsidiary of the Vossloh Group, is a global leader in the field of track systems for all types of rail networks, including railways, metros, and tramways, in Europe and worldwide.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Development, Legal, and Compliance at Vossloh Cogifer, a member of the Executive Committee, and in connection with our parent company Vossloh AG, you will support our operational teams by providing expertise on various international issues.
- Lead the climate policy: ensure the operational translation of the carbon neutrality objective by developing greenhouse gas emission trajectories, constructing and monitoring carbon action plans.
- Support and advise industrial sites worldwide and various cross-functional teams (e.g., procurement, supply chain, HSE) on carbon emission reduction (scopes 1, 2, 3) and energy consumption reduction: sharing best practices, regular site monitoring, etc.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the company's Environmental and Decarbonization strategy, including associated KPIs (emissions, waste, water, biodiversity).
- Participate in the Sustainable Development Committee.
- In collaboration with different business functions, provide environmental and decarbonization reporting, as required under the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD).
- Address client and non-financial rating agency inquiries within your scope.
- Contribute to raising awareness among teams (e.g., implementation of the Climate Fresco).
- Assist in obtaining certifications (e.g., EcoVadis, ISO 50001, ISO 14001).
- Participate in legal and regulatory monitoring related to environmental law and identify subsidy opportunities supporting industry decarbonization and assist in the preparation of relevant applications.
- Master's degree with a specialization in CSR, engineering, or management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with solid achievements in climate and environmental issues.
- Experience in an industrial context with international exposure.
- Fluent English required, professional level of French is a plus.
- Mastery of methodological frameworks for measuring and modeling environmental impacts, knowledge of relevant stakeholders (SBTi, CDP, etc.).
- Project management skills in carbon reduction and climate trajectory definition.
- Understanding of environmental challenges faced by international industrial groups.
- Familiarity with regulations related to sustainable development is appreciated (CSRD, Taxonomy, Energy-Climate Law Article 29, etc.).
- Strong persuasive skills. Ability to work with and engage diverse stakeholders with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Ability to explain complex scientific subjects to the central team and all employees.
- Capacity to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing effectively.
- Permanent contract (CDI).
- Position based at the company's headquarters in France (Rueil-Malmaison – 92), but integration at another company site in France or Europe is possible.
- Regular travel to production sites is expected.
- Teleworking possible.
THREE GOOD REASONS TO APPLY
- Work at a strategic level and translate ambitious climate policies into operational implementation.
- The opportunity to collaborate closely with operational teams to develop decarbonization trajectories.
- A high-impact role in a strategic industrial sector, working towards low carbon mobility