Head of Environment
Notre clientPernod Ricard is a convivial, responsible and successful global wine and spirits group. Number 2 worldwide with a clear ambition to become the leader of the sector, they have one of the most comprehensive portfolio of the industry with 240 premium brands available in over 160 countries.
Définition de poste
The Group Head of Environment is responsible to :
Define and drive the Group global environmental strategy and roadmap, aiming at mitigating environmental risks, reducing the impact of the Group activities, creating reputational value for the brands and the company and developing the contribution of Pernod Ricard to Sustainable Development.
This is done in the context of the Group Sustainability & Responsibility (S&R) engagement, and in close collaboration with the S&R team.
Other major stakeholders include the Brand Companies, the Procurement team and the Supply Chain team who are responsible to implement and deliver various elements of the roadmap.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Document and keep up to date the Group environmental risk and impacts mapping, and ensure a continuous watch on environmental topics, with a view to prevent future risk for the Group.
- In close collaboration with the S&R team, define the strategy for the Group and its affiliates related to environment, as well as the associated commitments, policies and action plans.
- Carry out the analysis, consolidation and monitoring of environmental performance and compliance of the Group and its affiliates, through ensuring the appropriate reporting and follow-up of activities.
- In order to deliver mission 3, develop and implement tools, methods and data sources related to the measure of environmental impact, performance and progress.
- Drive and consolidate the various initiatives of the Group Environment roadmap , in particular by:
- Driving the reduction of the direct carbon footprint (scope 1 and 2), in order to reach the Group ambitious targets towards Net Zero, in close collaboration with the industrial affiliates
- Collaborating with the Procurement Center of Excellence to achieve our indirect carbon footprint commitment (scope 3).
- Driving the water related programmes (minimize use and discharge, replenish watersheds) as well as waste management.
- In close collaboration with the Sustainable Agriculture Manager, ensuring our Terroir engagement is fully embedded and well-articulated in the global S&R roadmap
- Be the internal expert regarding environmental topics (life cycle assessment, impact analysis, biodiversity and ecosystem balance…) in order to support decision making and bring the necessary information and expertise to the management team and to the other functions.
- In close collaboration with the S&R and Communication teams, represent the Group for external communications, participating to various forums and events, providing a voice for the Group as well as benchmark and contacts. Internally, promote environmental action with all functions and with the management, in order to ensure that this engagement exists across all functions and areas of activity.
- 10 years of experience in a corporate environmental / sustainability role in a FMCG or food industry.
- Fluent English, French would be appreciated
- Expertise :
- Understanding of food industry processes
- Knowledge of environmental analysis methods (life cycle)
- Strong basis in Life Sciences (carbon cycle, ecosystems…)
- Soft skills :
- Ability to draw a strategic vision, and lead the transformation of practices
- Ability to work across functions in a multi-cultural environment
- Ease to communicate and onboard stakeholders
- Project management skills
- Passion for sustainability