Head of Climate Projects
ONG, Association & Organisation internationale
Climate change, food security, biodiversity and people are all inter-related. Paving the way towards environmental, economic, and social resilience cannot be achieved by one business alone.
The mission of the Livelihoods Funds is to support the efforts of agricultural and rural communities to restore the natural ecosystems that are the foundations of their livelihoods, food security and income.
Livelihoods is the exclusive investment advisor to 4 impact funds (2 carbon and 1 family farming fund) and the newly launched Livelihoods Climate Fund 3, a successor fund to LCF1 & LCF2.
Livelihoods brings together a coalition of actors who join forces to restore degraded natural ecosystems, build sustainable supply chains and improve the livelihoods of millions of rural communities who are the most vulnerable to the effects of climate change.
You are highly motivated by the challenges addressed by the Livelihoods Funds and you are fully fluent in French/ English, come and meet the team.
Définition de poste
The Senior Portfolio Manager is a newly-created position that will manage an investment team towards sourcing, design and implementation of a portfolio of mixed carbon avoidance & sequestration projects.
The opportunity is for an outstanding and seasoned climate portfolio manager with a proven track-record of multi-stakeholder engagement, project portfolio management and field experience. He/she will have a pivotal role in the team of a new multi-million climate investment fund, Livelihoods Climate Fund 3.
- Manage a team working across a growing Nature-Based Solutions’ (NBS) project portfolio and oversee multi-disciplinary work streams across the NBS project cycle
- Provide technical insights on agroecology / forestry practices to safeguard projects’ investment feasibility, long-term sustainability and stakeholders’ acceptance
- Oversee the Fund’s broad, portfolio-wide technical matters in terms of agriculture / agroforestry and ensure 360° project quality.
- Establish strong partnerships, across various cultural contexte, provide the technical & managerial support and closely collaborate to design and implement high-quality projects in line with local communities’ expectations.
- Source new project opportunities and strategically prioritize the due-diligence process with the aim to build a rolling portfolio of ready-for-investment projects which meet the financial and social impact criteria of Livelihoods Climate Funds
- Manage relationships across a diverse range of project stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with LV’s carbon experts and external service providers
- On some projects, directly lead the design and implementation of agroecology / forestry projects for the benefit of smallholder farmers
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Graduated in agronomy and/or forestry or have the equivalent hands-on field experience;
- 15+ years of proven track-record in managing projects and project portfolio, teams and delivering on agroecology and/or sustainable forestry in developing economies, close to smallholder farmers, rural communities, demonstrating tangible achievements;Experience in drafting investment proposals &/or project concept notes;
- Experience in carbon projects, knowledge of voluntary carbon standards, GIS tools etc. is a strong plus
- Having worked in a variety of climatic and cultural contexts is a serious plus.
- Ownership: With an entrepreneurial spirit, you are passionate about your job, uphold the highest standards of environmental, ethical and social integrity and take full responsibility for the quality of your work.
- Result-oriented: be able to adapt to changing situations and have a mitigative action plan to deliver on objectives.
- Management and mentoring experience: make sure projects are sourced, structured and implemented up to our standard, empower project managers to deliver high-quality projects, manage people at distance.
- Hands-on experience: on agricultural farming and agroecology and/or forestry. Use your experience in the field to implement projects at scale while adapting to their local context.
- English spoken and written with ease, as the working language
- Functional oral French or strong drive to learn it is a plus.
- Empathetic: know your stakeholders, speak their languages, listen to their points of view and hone in on their interests.
- Change-embracing: be open to- and keep a curious eye on- innovation, climate initiatives, regulatory environment, and debates in a fast-evolving climate policy context; willingness to learn.
- Didactic: clear and concise communication skillset, able to adapt content & delivery method to the public and facilitate informed decision-making.
- Multi-tasker: prioritize, deal with pressure, keep track of the progress of several tasks simultaneously and be ready to rearrange priorities in response to new information.
- Intercultural skills: able to collaborate with and adapt to multi-cultural working environment and with our international project partners
- Good command of other languages relevant for the Fund is a plus (Spanish, Portuguese, Bahasa Indonesia, Hindi etc.)
3 GOOD REASONS TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION
- Have a pivotal role in the Livelihoods Climate Fund 3 Leadership team
- Team Management
- International projects
- Full-time position based in Paris ideally, at the company's HQs and involves extensive travel around the globe.
- Immediat start date