Head ESG Securities
Notre clientSwiss Life Asset Managers has more than 160 years of experience in managing the assets of the Swiss Life Group. This insurance background has exerted a key influence on the investment philosophy of Swiss Life Asset Managers, which is governed by such principles as value preservation, the generation of consistent and sustainable performance and a responsible approach to risks. That’s how we lay the groundwork for our clients to make solid, long-term plans – in self-determination and with financial confidence.
Swiss Life Asset Managers offers this proven approach to third-party clients in Switzerland, France, Germany, Luxembourg and the UK. As at 31 December 2020 assets under management for third-party clients amount to EUR 84.7 billion. Together with insurance assets for the Swiss Life Group, total assets under management at Swiss Life Asset Managers stood at EUR 249.2 billion.
Swiss Life Asset Managers is a leading real estate manager in Europe*. Of the assets totaling EUR 249.2 billion, EUR 71.8 billion is invested in real estate. In addition, Swiss Life Asset Managers has real estate under administration of EUR 25.6 billion through its subsidiaries Livit and Corpus Sireo. Total real estate under management and administration at the end of December 2020 thus came to EUR 97.5 billion.
Swiss Life Asset Managers employs about 2300 people in Europe.
* INREV Fund Manager Survey 2020 (AuM as of 31.12.2019)
Définition de poste
Your area of responsibility Swiss Life Asset Managers’ (SL AM) ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) department is responsible for defining and implementing the ESG strategy for all its business units as well as asset classes in all countries. The team is also responsible for creating and delivering an internal sustainability training program – the ESG ambassador initiative.
Swiss Life Asset Managers’ is looking for its Head ESG Securities (f/m).
The newly created position will report directly to the Head ESG Swiss Life AM and will be part of the division’s ESG board. Its key mission will be to further develop the overall sustainability strategy of Swiss Life Asset Managers.
Your main role and missions:
Further enhance the strategy, policy and roadmaps up to and including implementation :
- Be the sustainability expert advisor to senior management as well as support to Swiss Life AM PAM (Proprietary Insurance Asset Management) and TPAM (Third Party Asset Management)
- Support the product development teams in design of sustainable, innovative securities products with competitive advantage
- Contribue to the development of proprietary ESG databases and tools
- Further developing our ESG framework for securities investments and guiding its translation into ESG targets, product development, internal and external reporting, etc. for both the proprietary and the third-party asset management across all asset classes.
- Provide external leadership through speaking at conferences and contribution to industry initiative
- Monitor the effects of legal requirements (such as the EU action plan and AMF/BaFin/Finma/CSSF requirements), early identification of any need for action and implementation of necessary changes at company and portfolio level. In particular, lead the implementation of SFDR.
- Your Profile 10 to 15 years of experience in asset management companies with experience in sustainable development, creating ESG framework and developing innovative ESG products
- Advanced professional experience in the securities management, senior secured loans, infrastructure debt investments and/or consulting industry including competencies in securities area
- International experience in multi-region and international environment
- Excellent track record of project management and project management skills – define scope, resources and timelines and manage to the deliverables
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strategic with the ability to influence and to improve know-how and expertise
- Personal resilience and flexibility, the ability to respond proactively to situations
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key members of the business, ability to interact with all levels of staff, including external parties
- Customer-focused approach to sales and relationships Intellectual curiosity and the ability to develop intellectual leadership on new topics
- Very good knowledge of German and English, French is an advantage
- Intercultural skills: being able to understand and adapt to different cultures
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, financial engineering, CFA, or comparable education with ESG focus