Global VP of Sustainability
Industrie du luxe
Notre clientAt Sephora we inspire our customers, empower our teams, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We create an environment where people are valued, and differences are celebrated. Every day, our teams across the world bring to life our purpose: to expand the way the world sees beauty by empowering the ExtraOrdinary in each of us.
Définition de poste
With consumers, employees, and other stakeholders demanding that companies stand for clear values and give back to society, we’re pioneering Sephora’s first global purpose efforts. The Global Sr. Director/VP of Sustainability will report to the Global Chief Purpose Officer to develop initiatives that promote Sephora’s vision of expanding the way the world sees beauty.
Strategy & Vision
- Rallies the organization to envision a more sustainable enterprise and beauty industry
- Builds Sephora’s first comprehensive and coordinated global sustainability strategy, including areas of focus, long term goals, and potential public-facing commitments
Action Planning & Execution
- Translates our ambitions into a global roadmap and develops the supporting tactical business plans.
- Works closely with Sephora’s Leadership Team to propose funding strategies, policy recommendations, and present progress updates. Prioritizes investments that balance strategic alignment, cost effectiveness, feasibility, and impact
- Initiates new ideas and secures the resources and partnerships to bring these concepts to market. Directs the timely and coordinated management of our key global environmental projects
Employee Engagement and Global Coordination
- Engages leaders at all levels, shares expertise freely, and inspires the organization to create win-wins for the business and the planet. Educates the organization on our progress and how they can contribute.
- Serves as the direct supervisor of a team of three, while working extensively across the company both cross-functionally and globally
- Coordinates programs across regions and develops best practices that can scale Sephora’s environmental impact effectively
- Leads Sephora’s “Green Heart” task force, comprised of our regional sustainability captains and cross-functional experts, driving a coordinated set of global environmental impact projects. Ensures a strong connection between central objectives and regional activity.
- Collaborates with our private label product team, Sephora Collection, on ensuring our owned brand manifests our environmental aspirations and contributes to the reduction of our overall enterprise footprint.
Compliance & Accountability
- Creates mechanisms to measure progress and hold the organization accountable for its commitments
- Partners with Communications teams to define public claims, commitments, and external reporting strategies
- Continuously monitors programs to assess effectiveness and shares updates with key stakeholders
- Builds systems and practices for continuous monitoring and benchmarking of the landscape.
- Ensures compliance with governmental regulations or LVMH group policies on sustainability
- Develops partnerships with relevant thought leadership organizations and sustainability practitioners from outside of Sephora
- Determines the trade organizations and coalitions Sephora needs to join as part of our journey
- Stays active in the evolving scientific and policy landscape for sustainability. Defines the priority environmental global certifications and alliances for the brand.
- Can act as an internal or external representative of Sephora’s position in Sustainability
- LVMH CSR, Comms, and Environmental teams
- Sephora global and regional leaders in:
- Marketing / PR / communications
- Store design, construction, and retail operations
- Supply chain and logistics
- Legal and compliance
- Product R&D (Sephora Collection and LVMH)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 10+ years sustainability expertise
- Track record of building successful sustainability programs in a for-profit brand environment at global scale
- Familiarity with major regulation, industry standards, and environmental laws, especially in the EU
- Sustainable business or ESG certification preferred
- Meaningful financial responsibility and history of working with top management on developing new business cases and delivering transparent and accountable results
- Minimum 5+ years team management experience over cross-functional teams or department leadership
Desired Competencies :
- Strategic vision – Identifies future possibilities & translates them into breakthrough strategies to build Sephora's leadership on sustainability & drive our impact through tangible roadmaps & metrics
- Helps others grow – Exceptional team leadership with strong ability to set up a new team, engage and develop team members with varying levels of seniority. (from Director to manager)
- Engages and Inspires – Generates continued commitment to Sephora’s long-term goals and successfully enrolls business partners on shared wins, with strong capabilty to communicate impactfully both internally and externally, including with media, to make Sephora a leading & visible actor of sustainability.
- Agility & Manages Ambiguity – Navigates a challenging scientific, regulatory, and organizational environment while offering a clear sense of direction and priorities
- Values Uniqueness and Differences – Strongly motivated by Sephora’s values around inclusion and making an impact in our community
OTHER INFORMATION :
- Based in Paris
3 REASONS TO APPLY :
- Join a global group with high transformation ambitions
- Lead the cosmetics industry by influencing over 350 brands worldwide
- Join a team at its very beggining and help it rise