ESG line of services Consultant
Notre clientPioneering the safety and performance of new technologies since 1828, Bureau Veritas Marine & Offshore is one of the world’s leading ship classification societies and offshore safety and verification bodies, with a global network to support our clients worldwide. We are known for being responsive and building strong and long relationships with our clients; for being flexible without compromise.
At Bureau Veritas, we understand the challenges our clients face in designing, building and operating a truly sustainable maritime business. We are by clients side to help them navigate the energy transition; supporting them with practical advice, tools and technology for them to make the right decisions to run a safe, sustainable, and high performing business.
We are part of the BV Group, a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services, we have a truly global outlook, bringing a broader understanding of the global supply chain and blue economy.
Définition de poste
Our ESG mission and purpose: Shaping a better maritime world, it’s what unites us.
We share your drive to leave the maritime world in a better place than we found it. It’s what unites us, our passion for the oceans and our desire to not just protect our seas, but to shape a better maritime world for future generations. We are meeting the challenge of helping ship-owners embrace decarbonisation and digitalisation to transport goods safely and sustainably, or supporting marine renewable energy technologies. At Bureau Veritas, we recognize that our clients will start their sustainability journey from a different position and move at different speeds. We are there to support them to define their ambition on sustainable shipping and help them reach their short-, mid- and long-term sustainability goals.
Sustainability and ESG commitments are getting of primary concern within every sectors. Shipping industry being the backbone of our global economy, is activating drivers to enable changes, from technical and operational breakthrough to unavoidable financial, governance and social pillars.
We are looking for a ESG line of services Consultant (F/M) to join our Strategy & Advanced services team. The main objective is to develop a comprehensive line of services related to sustainable development adapted to the needs of shipping industry and in particular shipowning companies. You will be expected to work with world’s leading companies, acting as the catalyst and bond to enable sustainability development goals to switch from future targets to daily and common actions.
A team dedicated to coordination of the initiatives related to Sustainability has been created within the Strategy and Advanced Services department to support the development and implementation of our new line of services across the Marine and Offshore division.
You will report to the Sustainability strategy leader, head of the Future Shipping Team coordination hub.
You will play a key role in defining our services linked to ESG and provide consultancy services.
Your main mission will be:
- to build a commercial offer to support clients seeking to implement ESG policy
- to help and accompany clients to define KPIs, actionable levers and priorities related to their ESG policy
- to advise on their sustainability commitment disclosure/ESG reporting
- to provide sustainable finance consulting and verification services (Green and sustainable bonds/loans, Gold Standard …)
- to promote consultancy services related to climate change/decarbonization strategy and action plans provided by other internal expertise teams (BV Solutions teams, and BV Group certification teams)
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Capture client needs and prepare commercial offer accordingly,
- Ensure delivery of pilot projects,
- Contribute to internal campaigns aiming at raising commitment & awareness regarding sustainability matters,
- Coordinate actions with others BV Group divisions and capitalize on the experience gained in other sectors on ESG offers
- Represent Bureau Veritas Marine & Offshore in external events with customers: exhibitions, webinars, panels, conferences etc.
- Academic degree in sustainability subject areas
- Experience of 5 years in sustainability of key elements like climate change or practical implementation of ESG policy in corporate environment, as a consultant or as part of internal CSR department of a big company for example
- Track records with established Standards and/or frameworks: ISO 14 001, CDP, TCFD, GLEC, Gold Standard etc.
- Experience in Sales and business development in Sustainability services or qualifications in sustainable finance would be a plus (Green Bonds Principles / CBI / Poseidon Principles)
- Fluent in English
- Ability to listen to client needs and expectations
- Capability to analyze various interests at stake and propose pragmatic solutions
- Communication skills and ability to present efficiently complex matters
- a robust sense of advocacy
- Strong support of engagement related to the protection of the environment and oceans and actions to combat climate change.
- Able to federate internally and with clients around sustainability matters
- Team spirit and flexibility to work effectively in project mode and in a matrix organization
- Autonomous and ability to build a trusted relationship with your colleagues, clients and partners.
- Interaction on a daily basis with people of different cultures and nationalities.
- Travels abroad will be necessary to meet clients or as part of projects follow-up.
3 MAINS REASONS TO APPLY
- Have an impact positively on our future and contribute directly to a more sustainable world
- Be part of an international team, ambitious, innovative and open minded.
- Develop a news business line