ESG and Financial Reporting Officer
Notre clientFounded thirty years ago, Perenco is an independent hydrocarbon producer involved in the entire lifecycle of projects, from exploration to decommissioning. The group’s strength lies in the technical ingenuity and versatility of its 6,800 employees, who deliver safe and environmentally aware solutions to oil and gas fields around the world. By enhancing and developing local resources, Perenco is proud to support economic growth and social development wherever it works. Perenco operates in 15 partner countries and is based in the United Kingdom.
Définition de poste
The ESG and Financial Reporting Officer will be responsible for the development of the company’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting. As such the officer will co-ordinate with internal stakeholders in the preparation and implementation of ESG reporting and communication. This individual will also work closely with senior management, various departments and locations within the company to ensure that the company’s ESG objectives and performance are closely monitored and tracked.
- Develop, implement and manage the company’s ESG policies and communication in coordination with internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the ESG reporting process (data collection, quality assessment) to monitor sustainability performance.
- Prepare Group publications as final deliverables.
- Prepare a tool kit to manage reports and ensure appropriate record keeping requirements are maintained.
- Conduct research to monitor trends in the fields of ESG and finance reporting to address the continuously developing needs and remain current with changes in legislation.
- Undertake analysis of similar companies to assess and benchmark ESG positioning whilst identifying best practice to meet industry standards.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to support ESG activities.
- Liaise with other departments to obtain information and gain certification where necessary (Legal, Finance, etc.)
- Through excellent communication, build relationships, credibility and knowledge with key stakeholders (including and not limited to banking partners) to share company sustainability performance.
- Prepare the corporate financial regulated and non-financial regulated reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS :
- Bachelor's degree in sustainability, finance, business administration or related field.
- First experience in environmental, social, governance issues with a broad exposure and knowledge to a variety of ESG frameworks and related topics (regulations and standards).
- Proven recent experience within a Francophone environment.
- French and English Speaker
Technical skills :
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Strong technical competencies – excellent use of all MS Office applications.
- An analytical mindset with mathematical/quantitative skills, including ability to process, enquire and work with large excel datasets.
- Preferably, experience developing ESG reports in accordance with recognised standards and with ESG Metrics
- Preferably, any other qualification in Finance Risk Management and/or Regulatory Compliance
Soft Skills :
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work independently and strive for continuous improvement.
- Highly collaborative and team oriented.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Confident and able to translate complex issues for a variety of audiences.
- Strong attention to detail.
OTHER INFORMATION :
- Position based in Mayfair, London, UK
- Permant, full-time position
- Position to fill as soon as possible