Climate Solutions Consultant
Notre clientSouth Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive climate solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate and the developing communities. Our climate solutions inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Since 2020, we have set up teams in Paris and formed a regional organisation dedicated to customers in France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, following merger with the Belgian climate advisory firm CO2logic.
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer; we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job; we offer you a career.
Définition de poste
The Consultant’s goal is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice on corporate climate strategies to clients in France, Belgium, and Luxemburg. You will play a leading role in the development and management of proposals on and the implementation of projects, for which you will coordinate small project teams.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage medium-size sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Topics of engagement may include GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science-Based Targets (SBTs), energy efficiency, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), renewable energy strategy, etc.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Support senior consulting and key account management teams to develop South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings.
- Relevant work experience (minimum of 3 years) in sustainability consulting or a related field, including GHG accounting in line with best-practice methodologies; target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP)
- University degree: Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and ability to coordinate project teams
- Practical experience in climate change strategy development; energy efficiency; GHG management; climate change scenario analysis; risk and opportunity assessment (for physical and transition risks and in line with TCFD)
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Good stakeholder and client management skills.
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work.
- Engaged personally or professionally in action against climate change
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
3 GOOD REASONS TO APPLY
- Join an equal Opportunity Employer
- Working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues
- Evolve in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation
- Localisation : Based in Paris