Climate Project Coordinator
Notre clientThe Fashion Pact is a global coalition of companies in the fashion and textile industry (ready-to-wear, sport, lifestyle and luxury) who have all committed to utilizing the power of the collective to accelerate change in three key environmental areas: climate, biodiversity and oceans. Launched by French President, Emmanuel Macron, The Fashion Pact was presented to Heads of State at the G7 Summit in Biarritz. Uniquely, The Fashion Pact is CEO-led, action-oriented non-profit organization funded by its members, and focuses on building upon and going beyond existing efforts. Today, The Fashion Pact Association has 80+ signatories, together representing over 250 brands and 1/3 of the fashion industry.
Définition de poste
The Fashion Pact is currently seeking an agile Project Coordinator to support their pioneering work within the Climate Pillar, focusing on achieving their renewable energy and low impact materials targets. The Project Coordinator will report to the Project Lead of the organization and support various administrative tasks within The Fashion Pact.
How you will contribute:
The Fashion Pact is focused on joint actions in order to accelerate the achievement of key targets across our three pillars of biodiversity, climate and oceans. In this key hire, you will support execution of multi-stakeholder projects across the Climate Pillar. You will not only support sustainability executives across the Fashion industry to “walk the talk” on their commitments but also work with key technical experts and NGOs that support us in our mission.
This role has the potential to be shaped and defined in collaboration with the Project Lead. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support Project Lead in designing pilots that support The Fashion Pact collective targets
- Managing independent projects and tasks, working with key sustainability contacts across the globe in the fashion industry.
- Liaise with the best sustainability experts in Fashion and sustainability and support coordinate their actions for our Signatories.
- Support our Signatories on the journey to achieve renewable energy and low impact materials targets in our Climate Pillar.
- Translate sustainability know-how and innovation solutions into concrete steps for fashion brands using the power of the collective.
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement across multiple ongoing projects, it is imperative that you are able to engage with different levels of technical understanding from sustainability teams, senior management and CEOs to external industry experts, consultants industry groups and NGOs.
- Ability to work across different cultures and time-zone. Organize and schedule meetings across different locations and with multiple stakeholders.
- Support the preparation of presentation materials to simplify complex information.
Who you are:
- Prior experience in an agile, fast paced environment such as a consultancy, start-up or corporate setting.
- Experience with climate related topics that relate to The Fashion Pact Targets such as renewable energy and/or materials.
- Passionate about sustainability and an interest in driving the topic from within the business.
- Experience from the fashion industry is preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and structured approach to project work with an eye for the detail.
- Ability to manage multiple trackers on different projects with ability to feedback progress to internal team effectively.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment with tight deadlines, a pro-active approach, and the ability to work independently and manage own time
- Fluency English required, fluency in French would be a plus. You will become part of a small (but mighty) international team situated in Paris, France.
- Work permit to work in France required.
Full-time position based in Paris