Climate Project Coordinator
Notre clientSouth Pole, recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Social Enterprise, has been at the forefront of decarbonization since 2006. With its global Climate Solutions platform, South Pole develops and implements comprehensive strategies that turn climate action into long-term business opportunities for companies, governments, and organizations around the world.
South Pole is also a leading project developer, and has provided nearly 1,000 projects in over 50 countries with climate finance to reduce over a gigaton of CO2 emissions, and to provide social benefits to less privileged communities who are particularly vulnerable to climate change. Our regional teams work hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, South Pole has a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions.
If you are a smart, ambitious, and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you !
Définition de poste
- Responsible for the implementation and management of the emission reduction projects which includes leading/drafting feasibility studies and project design documents, validation, monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) support under different standards (VERRA, Gold Standard and national or local Standards) among other local and international carbon schemes
- Conduct site visits and travel to project locations whenever needed
- Be a key point of contact and maintain a good relationship with the team members inside the company, project partners, clients, validation and verification bodies, and other counterparts
- Provide technical and business development support with project sourcing
- Prepare proposals and deliverables, finalise them to the quality required by South Pole and the client
- Define content and structure to support the certification of the project: work plans, work schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Schedule Technical Reviews and Quality Checks
- Ensure that all collaborators receive ongoing training and that they have the necessary skills and tools to perform their work
- Keep the team members (collaborators) informed of their progress in the project and remind them to stay within the time and budget agreed
- Manage project partners' accounts and maintain good relationships with them to deliver value
- Update proposal/project information in our management tool and ensure all relevant documents are accessible on the drive at any time
- Keep general information, milestones, and cash flow in the project management software up to date
- Plan and develop site visits and other types of business trips/training.
- University Degree in environmental sciences, forestry or climate change and carbon mitigation related fields
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of climate change, preferably with experience in project management and development of VCS and Gold Standard projects
- Working experiences on sustainable technologies projects or a background of forestry will be a plus
- Hands-on experience on carbon project development from initial project assessment to issuance
- Knowledge of carbon products and markets would be a strong plus, preferably including one or more of the following:
- project-based carbon standards, technologies and project development processes (e.g. GS or VCS)
- global carbon reporting standards (e.g., CDP, GHG Protocol)
- Familiarity with carbon standards like VERRA, GS4GG, etc.
- Ability to work on assignments that are diverse in nature, applying company policies, processes, and procedures to resolve a variety of issues/problems
- Ability to create high quality written documents (proposals and deliverables) in English and French
- A good network with various market participants e.g., project partners, DoE and government agencies will be a plus
- Flexible and efficient
- Ability to manage targets and priorities and develop own goals
- Have excellent communication skills in English and French
3 GOOD REASONS TO APPLY
- Join an equal Opportunity Employer
- Working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues
- Evolve in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation
- Localisation : Bruxelles, Paris