Climate & Biodiversity Manager
Notre clientEUROAPI is focused on reinventing active ingredient solutions to sustainably meet customers’ and patients’ needs around the world. It is a leading player in the active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) industry with approximately 200 products in our portfolio, offering a large span of technologies, while developing innovative chemical processes through our Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) activities.
Acting for health by giving access to essential therapies inspires our 3,450 people every day. With strong research and development capabilities and six manufacturing sites all located in Europe (France, Italy, Germany, Hungary and the UK), EUROAPI ensures API manufacturing of the highest quality to supply customers in more than 80 countries in a reliable way.
EUROAPI is a young company listed on Euronext Paris since may 2022.
Définition de poste
Reporting to the Head of ESG, you will be accountable for establishing and driving climate change and biodiversity road map and goals of the company, ensuring its sustainability, and building credibility with stakeholders:
- Definition and management of the Group's carbon removal strategy
- Operational support to existing and coming programs : sustainable procurement, , green chemistry, green IT
- Definition of a roadmap on product foot print in conjunction with all stakeholders (commercial operations , R&D etc.)
- Integration, management of the reduction objectives for the 2024/2030 period quantified and validated SBTi certification
- Diagnosis and analysis of biodiversity dependencies and impacts for recommendation of priorities and roadmaps
- Implementation and monitoring of quantified objectives for reducing the company biodiversity footprint
- Collection, consolidation and analysis of carbon and biodiversity data for extra-financial reporting
- Work in close collaboration with Risk Management, Public Affairs and Strategy departments for transversal integration of decarbonation road map
- Management of the relationship with external stakeholders for ratings (e.g. CDP, SBTi etc.) for clients initiatives (Manufacture 2030…) and for industry specific institutions on climate and biodiversity
- With internal communication, support awareness raising among company employees (e.g. training, workshops, etc.) and commitment of internal stakeholders regarding climate and biodiversity (Industrial Operations, Purchasing, Finance, Business Units, IT…),
- Active participation in exchanges with the Executive Committee on climate / carbon / biodiversity topics
- Keep the company aware and up to date on emerging policy and trends related to climate and biodiversity.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in ESG/CSR management or in economics, finance, engineering or management
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar roles
- Experience in the chemistry, pharmacy, or pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
Skills & Abilities required
- Strong knowledge of climate change topics and calculations, scenarios, climate-related risks and adaptation strategies.
- Knowledge and interest in biodiversity risks and research,
- Ability to set up strategies.
- Strong knowledge of CDP and SBTi methodology, certification, processes and actors.
- Comfortable with MS Office Suite (especially Excel and PPT )
- Comfortable with presenting to an audience, and the use of social networks
- Passionate and committed to environmental sustainability
- Fluent professional French & English, written and spoken. Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-growing environment and work in a matrix organization
- You are looking for a position where you can contribute your skills to set and reach ambitious sustainable goals, ranging from a strategic perspective to tangible operational actions
- You are willing to build the foundation of climate and biodiversity projects for a newly stock listed company
- An attractive compensation package
- Convenient office location
- Flexible teleworking agreement and work hours
- Full time & permanent position, (CDI)
- Location : Paris, Gare de Lyon
- Starting Date : as soon as possible