Climate Adaptation Leader
Notre clientDecathlon is a family-owned company, founded in 1976, and inspired by the belief that the best sports products should be accessible to everyone.
Ever-evolving and high performance design, the best quality at the lowest possible price, and expert advice that customers of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels can access in-store or online, from anywhere, at any time, is what makes us who we are.
Définition de poste
- The Climate Adaptation Leader is part of the Environmental Sustainability Strategy Team (10+ teammates), within Decathlon Group Sustainability Department (50+ teammates);
- The Team focuses on identifying the strategic environmental stakes Decathlon needs to address, take commitment upon and set mid and long term targets, in order to bring its economic activity back within the remit of planetary boundaries;
- The Team historically addresses Climate, Biodiversity, Plastic Pollution, and is expanding its scope to cover additional dimensions such as Water Resource and Land Use/Deforestation. It also addresses the Awareness/Mobilization strategy on those environmental stakes;
- As Climate Adaptation Leader, you report to the Leader of the Environmental Sustainability Strategy Team and you are in charge of the Climate Adaptation strategy and methodology for Decathlon Group.
- To define Decathlon overall Climate Adaptation approach and methodology, in relation to relevant frameworks (TCFD, CSRD, ISSB, CDP, ACT): Governance, Strategy, Risk Management, Metrics & Targets;
- To ensure regulatory and scientific watch, as well as companies benchmarking on climate adaptation topic;
- To drive identification and assessment of Decathlon critical climate-related risks and opportunities, incl. their related financial impacts (probability, magnitude, duration, variability) together with internal counterparts;
- To set risk exposure reduction targets for Decathlon priority risks, and the KPIs to track them;
- To drive the design by risk referents of the adaptation strategies to reduce the vulnerability of the company against the identified risks, in line with set targets, while avoiding maladaptation and keeping social impacts in mind;
- To identify POCs to analyze risks in specific vulnerable regions or to test adaptation strategies/technologies.
- To update top management on Decathlon climate risk exposure and adaptation strategies;
- To communicate internally with most concerned BUs and departments the relevance of climate change risks and required adaptation strategies; and ensure integration into their decision-making processes;
- To raise awareness on the climate adaptation topic with all teammates at large.
- To identify internal risk referents (experts inside different impacted BUs) and external stakeholders (companies, institutions or NGOs, across environmental and social dimensions), in relation to the priority risks;
- To identify internal risk owners to carry the adaptation strategies for the identified critical and priority risks;
- To support Decathlon climate risk analysis and adaptation strategies disclosure (CSRD, TCFD, CDP, ACT…).
- To co-design with risk referents specific training paths for relevant actors inside the company to help them include climate-related risks into their strategies and decision-making processes;
- To share tools and methods that can be used locally to reduce the vulnerability against climate-related risks.
Hard skills :
- Strong knowledge of climate change topic/scenarios, of climate-related risks and adaptation strategies
- Prior Experience in a similar role (minimum 3 years), in an international context
- Data skills: comfortable with data analysis and tools
Soft skills :
- Leadership: connecting to leaders, teams and referents from key BUs to onboard and drive the work
- Autonomy and project management: being able to organize your work in a complex environment
- Federate: convincing your stakeholders to follow up your actions
- Collaboration: teamwork is key, with open communication with the network
- Rigor: being detailed in your roadmap, action plans and KPIs follow up
- Solution oriented: finding pragmatic ways to address hurdles and have an effective impact