Chief Operations Officer
ONG Association & Organisation internationale
Notre clientGold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and other international NGOs as a best practice standard to ensure projects that reduced carbon emissions under the UN’s Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) also delivered sustainable development benefits. Today, our standard, ‘Gold Standard for the Global Goals’, allows climate and development initiatives within carbon markets, corporate supply chains, and sustainable finance to manage, measure and maximise their impacts toward the Net Zero ambition of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Définition de poste
In the context of an exciting period of growth for the organization, we are looking for a Chief Operations Officer working with the CEO and the Executive Team to enable excellence through the delivery of operations functions (Digital Systems, Finance, Procurement, Governance and Human Resources).
- The Chief Operating Officer is a member of the Executive Team and will bring operational, managerial and administrative procedures, and operation controls to the organisation.
- You will oversee Digital Systems, Finance, Operations/Compliance, Legal and Human Resources.
- You will effectively communicate operational alignment with strategy and foster growth among the executive team and all employees.
- This is a vital leadership role that will drive results, spur growth and increase the overall efficiency and enable excellence in the delivery of the strategic ambition of the organisation.
Your responsibilities :
Leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team of professional employees Digital Systems, Finance, Operations/Compliance, Legal and Human Resources.
- Ensuring that the strategic direction, planning, decision making and overall performance of the teams in the Operations and Finance division align to organisational objectives.
- Developing the operating model and resulting organisational design for GSF working across the group to ensure leaders are engaged and understand any change in the roadmap.
- Overseeing the daily operations, utilising insight and robust analytics to steer and direct the organisation in its activities.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, other Executives and the Board at GSF to drive the continued transformation of GSF and contribute to the strategic leadership and management of the organisation. This role will be the officer in charge for the CEO in his/her absence.
- Working closely with leadership team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructure, reporting systems and organisation policies designed to foster growth and efficiencies within the organisation.
- Translating strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Finance, Compliance & Governance Working closely with the CFO and CEO’s Office to align finance, compliance and governance with the GS operations.
- Digital Systems Overseeing GSIQ, the Board-approved programme to digitize the full suite of Gold Standard products and services, including methodologies, assurance, registry services, and marketplace and exchange integrations.
- Human Resources Fostering a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to organisation's policies, procedures and guidelines. Ensuring effective human resource policies, recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, retention, and legal compliance are in place.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in Climate or Environmental NGO, Standard or other similar industries.
- Relevant third level qualifications or extensive equivalent experience in business or public administration.
- Demonstrated experience in senior executive level in operations for a diverse organisation (preferably international setting and multiple locations).
- Substantial knowledge of managing budgets, technology, human resource management, administrative practices , management systems .
- A genuine passion for the Environment and Sustainability and for inspiring people to be part of which is helping to change the world for the better.
- Ability to be a credible, enthusiastic, experienced, compassionate and an inclusive leader with significant operational experience and responsibility for meeting a wide range of service and performance targets.
- A growth mindset and the ability to embrace the digital ambitions of the organisation
- Engaging leadership skills to help deliver the next stage in GSFs evolution. You will need to have the ability to promote opportunities for transformation and innovation and, above all, you will be committed to supporting staff to provide the best possible services for our standard.
- Ability to build credibility with, inspire confidence and demonstrably influence with staff at all levels to board.
- Ability to work as part of a cohesive team and are expected to take lead responsibility for corporate and organisation-wide outcomes above and beyond the immediate responsibilities; particularly to develop and deliver operational transformation.
REASONS TO APPLY :
- A mission-driven organisation working at the leading edge of climate and sustainability
- Rewarding work in a dynamic non-profit environment
- A collaborative workplace within a multicultural team
- An ambitious, agile and flexible environment
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
- Position based in Geneva
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we strive to create a workplace where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.